Thursday, January 10, 2019
Thursday, December 13, 2018
“The mind and body affect each other. Unmanaged stress can affect children physically, socially and emotionally. It is worth exposing children to relaxation techniques.”
Patricia Arcari, PhD, RN, Associate in Medicine, Harvard Medical School/Mind Body Medical Institute.
This is the time of the year when there is heightened excitement in the air.
Thursday, November 29, 2018
- How can we teach students to celebrate diversity?
- How can we inspire students to dig deeper and take ownership of their learning?
- How do you provide enrichment activities for students in your classroom?
- What strategies do you use when guiding reading discussions?
- What are your concept map themes?
Thursday, November 15, 2018
- How would that affect your life? (For example: What things stop working? What things do you lose the ability to do?)
- Now imagine power is out for a week (or even a year). What are some ways this might affect your life?
From there each student wrote a letter to another adult in the building about how they were thankful for them. To remind ourselves every day how thankful we are for the things and people in our lives each student has a gratitude journal. Every morning when they come into the classroom they write one new thing they are grateful for and why. I was surprised how great the journals are starting off! To end this project we are going to think of a service project our class could lead or participate in. We have been participating in this project for a few weeks now and our class has noticed a big difference in their attitudes. They have commented on how they are constantly looking for things to be grateful for throughout the day so they can write it in their journal. It’s a great way to start our day and to bring positivity to our classroom.
1. How can we say thank you to others more often, in a meaningful way?
2. What experiences could we give our students to help them find things they are most grateful for?
3. If you were given the opportunity tomorrow to hand write a thank you note to someone in your building, who would you write it to? Why?
4. What gets in the way of showing others how thankful you are for them?
5. Do you think your students know how grateful you are to be in their lives? If not, how will you change that?
Friday, November 02, 2018
Twitter Tuesday questions: